- Revamp: Imageviewer overlay gets a redesign. Respond box is yet to be added later.
- Revamp: Plurk Search gets a new vertical user interface now. (alpha testing)
- Roll out new advertisement: timeline slider ads.
- Revamp: Plurk permanent page gets a refresh with more fancier page styling with newly added like and replurk features.
- Added new feature for showing previews of selected sites supporting oembed or open graph protocol. Such content (and its styling) will be also shown in plurks.
- Added support for Open Graph Protocol for selected sites.
- Added cliques enhancements:
- 4 new default cliques – all, classmates, colleagues, closed friends
- clique tags: added clique tags to the all view
- quick tagging: you can now quick tagging a friend to a certain clique
- Added Top rankings on front page: Top Favorites(Likes), Top Replurks, Most Responses
- Launch Apply Daily integration with Taiwan 2012 Election
- Roll out a design tweak to the Plurk input box
- Launch official iPhone App Plurkr, Retina Display supported.
- [open source project] launched Loso, Chinese segmentation system
- Added oEmbed support for SharpDialy (Taiwanese news site of UDN group).
- Better integration with Plurk Paste. Longer content that exceeded 140 chars will be automatically pasted to Paste after you click the Plurk Paste link below input box.
- First official Plurk app Plurkr for iOS soft launch. Retina Display supported.
- Added auto-detection for invoking iOS keyboard on Mobile Plurk’s login page.
- Polished Backup feature: You can now also download your requested Backup through a link in your My Account > Backup tab when it’s ready.
- Added sections for Verified Account: English, Taiwan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Hong Kong, Other
- Added support for UDN News (udn.com/NEWS, Taiwanese news site)’s oEmbed.
- Added support for yfrog.com photos oEmbed
- Added support for embedding Google street view urls onto plurks.
- Added support for embedding Google Maps urls and shortened url (shortened version is recommended) onto plurks
You can use google maps url followed by a (custom caption) to show your version of custom text in that embed.
- Some fine-tuning to Front Page styling to make it more content centric
- Added Like and Replurk to Front Page.
- Added oEmbed support for MLB videos.
- Added multicast for replurk. Your replurks can now automatically sync’d to Facebook/Twitter/Yahoo/Weibo (for Chinese users).
- Added Support for NowNews’s (Taiwanese news portal) oEmbed.
- Launched Taiwan 2012 Soap Box for our Taiwan’s Presidential and Legislator Election in 2012 (for Taiwanese users only).
- Added Support for CityTalk’s (Taiwanese event portal) oEmbed.
- Added cosmetic changes to image thumbnails rendering.
All image thumbnails are now embraced with ‘frames’.
- Added new styling support for strike throughs
- Improve the styling presentation (hiding the characters used)
strikethough: double dashes – to embrace the sentence/keyword
bold: double star signs * to to embrace the sentence/keyword
italian: single star sign * to embrace the sentence/keyword
underline: double underlines _ to embrace the sentence/keyword
- Added support for line breaks.
You can now use up to 3 line breaks in plurks.
- Added oEmbed support for: Xuite (Taiwanese Blog Service Provider) blog, photos, videos.
- Launched Emoticon Manager: You can now upload up to 60 of your own customized emoticons with maximum 48*48 resolution.
- Added oEmbed support for ted.com and itunes.apple.com
- API: /APP/Emoticons/get now returns custom emoticons for three-legged oauth with user’s access token
- Officially roll out Replurk feature
- API: Added Replurk/Unreplurk status on how to render it in API doc
- Added oEmbed Support for Pixnet (Taiwanese Blog Service Provider) Blog & Photo Album
- Added oEmbed Support for xFuture (Taiwanese site) pages
- Added oEmbed Support for Wordpress.com
- Roll out Custom colored user nickname, users with Karma > 50 can now use this feature.
- Introduced brand new designed Emoticon Selector.
- Added counters for Like and Replurk.
- Added Plurk Backup: Users with Karma > 50 and has been registered for 9 0 days can now Backup their plurks along with a viewer that can be run on browsers.
- Added mentions. When you respond to an user, use @username will now send email notifications.
- Added new mentions email notification option in Privacy setting.
- Roll out Verified Account for celebrities, known stores/brands/enterprises, politicians etc.
- Experiment: Enable Google Adsense ads on plurk permanent pages to all users to track CTRs.
- Experiment: Enable Google Adsense ads on Front Page to all users to track CTRs.
- Added Extra info tab and profile completion bar on user profiles.
- Users with 90%+ profile completion will be able to use a new feature that is going to launch very soon.
- User extra info will be used to improve our product, i.e. better friend recommendation/matching, recommended content, search, etc.
- Officially support IPv6 on the IPv6 day. Plurk is one of the first 50 web sites supporting IPv6.
- Added upload photos for Android 2.3 users on Mobile Plurk
- Partnered with Maxthon to launch Maxthon for Plurk (Android) app.
- Soft launch of an experimental project: Plurk Answers
- API: Officially roll out API 2.0 with oAuth 1.0 support.
- Official Blog for Chinese Users launched.
- Experiment: Enable Google Adsense ads on Mobile Plurk to all users.
- Open Source: Release an open source project: loso, a Chinese segmentation system written in Python
- Added oEmbed support for YouTube, Flickr, Vimeo, Slideshare, Scribd
(Developers: for more information about oEmbed, please check here [oEmbed: An Open Format Every Developer Should Know About] or oEmbed
- Experiment: Enable Google Adsense ads on plurk permanent pages to all non-logged users and visitors to track CTRs.
- Experiment: Enable Google Adsense ads on Mobile Plurk to visitors.
- Experiment: Enable Google Adsense ads on Front Page to all non-logged users and visitors to track CTRs.
- Revamped Plurk Mobile with new ‘plurk views’ bar. (feature phones)
- Added ‘promote’ link on each plurk. Users can now directly promote public plurks to Front Page.
- Renamed Plurk Top to Front Page.
- Roll out Plurk Top beta, our reddit like user-generated and promoted content with the capability to vote up/down.